Monday, May 17, 2010

MARIE ANTOINETTE CROWN

My love for Marie Antoinette is quite great as it is with so many of my fellow artists. Back in February when I was doing my Valentine Swap I asked Cassi of My Artful Adventures if she would like to do a Marie Crown Swap and she said "yes"!

I adore Cassi's work and couldn't wait to meet her at the "Petticoats & Parasols" event. When I laid eyes on the lusciously, gorgeous table full of scrumptious treasures Cassi made for the Vendor night, I was overwhelmed. I greedily scooped up a bunch of her wonderful creations. She creates everything from faux cakes to rose adorned necklaces ~ themed charm bracelets to glittery "Marie" shoes filled to the brim with treasures.

Cassi's imagination is never-ending which is why I adore her. Her blog is full of daily eye candy and she has monthly ezines where you can learn how to make all of her stunning creations.

Once I arrived home I knew exactly what color palette to use for her crown. I tend to create on the large side. Miniature anything is difficult for me, so this crown is large and lovely. Cassi received it last weekend and loved it.

I thought I would share it all with you!

Thank you to all of the well wishes, I am finally rid of the flu and am back to normal. Yippee!!!! And the sun is shining and it's warm outside. Double Yipppee!!!















DON'T FORGET TO CHECK OUT CASSI'S ART EVENT COMING IN
TAMPA, FLORIDA ~ FEBRUARY 2011.

It's all about Marie!

15 comments:

Holly Loves Art said...

Oh my goodness Cathy this crown is out of this world ahhhhh-mazing! I'm so excited to be meeting you in July. Have a great day!
Holly

Faerie Moon Creations said...

Happy to hear you are feeling well. This Marie crown is so lovely! Great work!!! I adore Marie, too; and I've made a few shabby chic style Marie domino pendant necklaces. Her appeal is timeless! Theresa :)

PeggyR said...

Glad to hear the flu is gone. I love your artwork!

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble said...

Cathy,

Thanks for stopping by my blog and I am so very glad to hear that you are feeling better!!

You definitely thrilled us today with posting such beauties!!

Hugs,
Debbie

The Polka Dot Closet said...

Love the crown!!! Nothing better than feeling good and the sun on your face!

Carol

Debby said...

WOW!!!! Your crown is absolutely gorgeous.
Debby

Barbara Jacksier said...

Pretty, pretty, pretty, PRETTY!

Scrappy Jessi said...

hey doll
wowzers!!
this is gorgeous!!!
great job!!
oxoxo,
Jessi

Charlene said...

Cathy, that crown is amazing!!!! I am sure that Cassi was crazy about it. So much work oh my goodness. I love the colors. So perfect for Cassi. Are you going to her event next year? Sounds right up your alley. I signed up for another swap for Kims. WHAT AM I THINKING? I have got to get my air fare nailed down. I am in the last stages of setting stuff up with a friend for going to downtown LA to go bead shopping.... Later! Charlene

Home and Heart said...

How DARLING is that crown???!!! She is going to love it!!

Shirl said...

Hi Cathy, Stopping by to see what pretty creations you've made this week. THis is just fabulous! Love it! I also loved your pretty tussie in previous post. Wish I had seen that tussie swap, I love to make them.
Have a great week!
Blessings, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents said...

Such a gorgeous crown you created!!! So glad you are feeling better now, dear friend!

Big TX Hugs,
Stephanie
Angelic Accents

Cassandra said...

Cathy,

Oh my you are too kind! Your sweet words make me tear up. I am really humbled by your lovely words! I forgot to take photos of my crown :( but I have a few good photos of yours I will be doing a post on soon. It's such an adorable crown, thank you again!

xox
Cassandra

Annesphamily said...

Wow! Talented ladies! What a beautiful gift you received. Happy weekend! Anne

Lou said...

Oh WOW!!!! How beautiful and absolutely stunning your crown is!! Lou xx