Tuesday, December 29, 2009

"Amour Valentine Swap"


I'm thrilled to be hosting my very first swap and what better time to share the love than for Valentine's Day. Please join in the fun, make a new friend and create a beautiful "Amour" gift box for your partner.

Here's how the swap will work. Easy, Peezy, Fun

1. Grab the "Amour Valentine Swap" image and place it on your blog sidebar linking it back to my blog (treasured-heirlooms.blogspot.com).

2. Post on your blog about the swap and encourage friends to join in.

3. If you would like to participate, email me at this email address: atreasuredheirloom@comcast.net ~
Subject line: Valentine Swap
~ with the following information.

a. Your name and home address
b. Your Email address (where I can contact you with your swap partner)

c. Your blog URL

d. Your choice of what color you would like your "Amour" swap box.
e. Choose one of the following:

*Shades of Pink

*Shades of Red

*Pastels

*Shades of White
*Any color is fine


4. Would you mind shipping outside of U.S. if necessary?


HERE ARE THE SWAP RULES:


1. You will need to purchase a LARGE (appx. 8"wx6"h±), heart-shaped, cardboard box from your local craft store (Michaels, A.C. Moore, Hobby Lobby.)


2. Be sure your box has plenty of room to fill up with "Love Treasures".


3. Email and introduce yourself to your blog partner.


4. Create your "Amour box" with your imagination and your own particular style. It doesn't necessarily have to be a Valentine theme, but it has to be pretty and it has to be made with the color choice of your partner.

5.
GENEROUSLY fill your "Amour Box" with lots of treasures from your heart. Most of you have participated in many swaps over the years so you already know what to put in the box. If this is your first time, email me for suggestions on filling up your "Amour Box". If you have something that doesn't fit in the box, wrap it pretty and send it along with your package.

6. Beautifully wrap your creation before packing so your Partner will be able to take lots of pretty photos once she opens the outside box.

7. Take lots and lots of photos for our reveal day, Sunday, February 14th.

8. You have three weeks to create and mail your "Amour" box. Make sure your package arrives to your swap partner NO LATER THAN, February 5th so she can enjoy it for awhile before Valentine's Day arrives.


On Sunday, February 14th, Valentine's Day, post all your photos and the name of your swap partner.

I will have a list here of all the participating blogs.

ARE YOU IN?
GREAT...
SPREAD THE WORD
AND LET'S GET SWAPPING KIDS!

26 comments:

Elyse said...

hi cathy!

i am so in! i will send you an email with all of my details!

great swap instructions, by the way. this will be fun! i LOVE the swap button. beautiful.

xo
elyse

cupcake studio said...

Hi Cathy,
You are so sweet to have left a note on my blog...thank you! Your swap looks amazing, but it's just not one that I can do right now. (Hope you'll think of me in the future :)

So glad to have found your blog! Wishing you a very happy new year!

Amore Artisan Boutique said...

I am so in! This is going to be great! I have fulfilled all requirements - thanks for starting and sharing this - hugs sassy gail

A Rose Without A Thorn said...

Hi Kathy, Thank you for inviting me, I would love to take part in your first swap. Please count me in, Maureen.....

Unknown said...

Hi Cathy!!

OOOH! I love it! I am in! I will e-mail you my info. What a cute idea. I will post it on my blog as well. Thank you for inviting me to swap!
xxoo
Janet
Janet's Creative Pillows

maryboys said...

i would love to be a part of this swap...thank you for hosting:) i'll email you with my information very soon, also.

mary

Soggibottom said...

Great idea....love to be part of it.
x x x

Shabby Shan said...

Hi Cathy!
Thank you for hosting such a fun swap! I am very excited about participating!

Hugs,
Shannon
Shabby Shan's Cottage

Debbi said...

Ooh! Can I come and play? It's such a creative swap! It sounds like such fun!
Thank you!

Angel Heart Designs said...

I'm in! Too much fun Cath!:)

Melinda said...

Hi Cathy--
Thanks you for the invitation to your swap. I would love to participate. I'll e-mail my info to you. Glad I rechecked my blog-
I would have missed this.
Had some trouble finding your blog but I found it! I'll put you on my sidebar so I can keep up with the swap.
Come back soon--love new readers.

Melinda

Miss Rhea said...

Count me in Cathy !! I am emailing you now :) Hugs and a Happy New Year sweet friend !!!! :):):)

My Grama's Soul said...

I'm so glad I found you on this first day of the New Year. What a beautiful blog you have.

I have vowed this year to do more of the things that bring me joy and creating pretties is one of those.
I, too, believe everything looks better with a little glitter.

Count me in on your swap. This will be my first one - so it should be fun.

I'll e-mail details a little later.

Blessings to you in this new year,

Jo

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

I'd love to join! I'm emailing you now!

Happy New Year!!

((Hugs))

Stephanie O. said...

Just got your confirmation email, Cathy, and have blogged and posted the swap banner! Thanks so much for hosting this event! Happy New Year...

A Rose Without A Thorn said...

Cathy, I agree with you, she does look just like you. I never thought of it until you said, what a coincidence, Maureen....

suzeeez said...

Please include me in your swap ...sounds like fun :o) Sue

Pam said...

I'd love to be involved in your swap. I'll email this evening.

Cassandra said...

Hi Cathy!

This sounds like fun! I could love to join. I have sent you an email.

:) Cassandra

Angie Mae said...

This sounds like so much fun! I've been wanting to do a swap! Count my in, I'll be sending you an e-mail

Thanks!

Hayley Fraser said...

Hi Cathy. I'm a rookie but would like to try your swap. I sent an email last night but I'm not sure it went through. I'll try it again tonight.

hfraser@spsmail.org

http://nestingnotions.blogspot.com

Scrap for Joy said...

Hi Cathy~
I finally got my blog post up about the swap. Can't wait to learn who my swap partner is!!
Have a Happy week!
Joyce

Unknown said...

Hi Cathy,
Thank you so much for inviting me to your swap. I loved your visit and would LOVE to do this fun swap! I will email you and also advertise!

Have a blessed day!
Lorena

Shirl said...

Hi Cathy, thank you so much for your invite. So glad that I decided to join, this is gonna be so much fun.
Blessings, Shirl
Shirls Rose Cottage

Jill said...

Hi Cathy, count me in I am very excited to participate in this swap. Thank you for organising it. Emailing my details to you now. Jill xx

Nicole Gibson-Rice said...

Oooooooh! This is going to be so much fun! My favorite holiday is Valentine's Day and has been since I was six! Looking forward to it!

xoxo
Nicole