Friday, February 19, 2010

Marie Antoinette Crown

Last month when I was blogging all over the universe inviting ladies to participate in my Valentine swap, I read so many new blogs and made tons of new friends.

One of the most enchanting ladies I met was Jacqueline, from Once Upon a Fairyland blog. She dubbed me a "Queen in Training" since this was my first visit to her blog. Jacqueline mailed me a "Queen in Training" gift tag and an adorable vintage Valentine tucked inside a lovely "Believe" Mary Engelbreit card.

I decided since I am now Officially a Queen in Training, I need my own Crown. I've been itching to create something spectacular, glittery and over-the-top to celebrate my love of Marie Antoinette. This is what I created this week. I absolutely love every inch of this glittery crown.

I thought I would share it with you, because we KNOW that all girls are "Princesses", but all ladies are "Queens"! At least in my Castle.



  



I'd love to have you "Follow" my blog. Just click the "Follow" 
button on the right sidebar. Thanks!

11 comments:

JaN's ArTy JouRneY said...

Wow, this is absolutely stunning!!
Fit for a Queen!!
I love it!!

Nancy said...

Cathy,
That is stunning! I want to be first on the list when you offer the class on Making Crowns! Have a wonderful Week~End Cathy!!
Huggs, Nancy
www.coeurdalenegifts.com
coeurdalenegifts.blogspot.com

Alison Gibbs said...

Cathy what a gorgeous crown - perfect in every way
Alison

Debby said...

WOW!! Gorgeous!!! Nice to be Queen.
Debby

Marsha @ Tattered Chick said...

WOW, I LOVE this!! It's beautiful!!!

Isn't Jacqueline a sweetie!! I was so honored to be crowned Queen and she sent me a LARGE box full of royal treasures!!

"Queen" Marsha

Debbie-Dabble Blog and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Cathy,
It is so beautiful!! True magic!! And would attract any Prince Charming!! Or King of Hearts!!
Debbie-Dabble

Sheila said...

Cathy i am always in awe at your talent. This is once again over the top beautiful. Please put your crown on your head and place your magical wand on my shoulder and dub me your student in training. lol.. Great creation. Sheila

Pamela Kellogg said...

Cathy, that is just lovely! As is everything you do. So pretty and elegant!

Terri Gordon said...

Cathy, your crown is just beautiful. Have you ever thought of joining the Marie Antoinette Mail Art Group, it is a wonderful group of really talented artists that love Marie inspired art.

Theresa MacNaughton said...

What a gorgeous crown, Cathy! I LOVE it. I discovered your blog through Terri Gordon. You have such a lovely place. :) Glad to have discovered you today. Theresa

Debra Howard said...

Oh that crown would look beautiful on a cake plate! What a great ideas.
Debbie